Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yaya Mary

Yaya Mary has been with us for more than a year now. I have no complaints yet. She is a level-headed kind of girl who is attached to his father for reasons only a daughter can understand. I heard stories that about her father that isn't good at all. But enough of that.

There has been 7 other yaya's before mary. They stick for a while and then left for the usual reasons, better offer and marriage. When the first yaya left, i cried and hubby was angry because i cried that she left. He said there are others who are more than willing to work and said there are no shortage of hired help. I shouldn't waste any emotions on them. He is right, of course. I have a tendency to get attached to people. The second yaya was vivlyn, she was pretty and really mabait. She spoiled AJ too much. She stayed for more than a year. She was the yaya at the time of the accident. I have nothing bad to say about her. In fact, we would have send her to school if not for the fact that her elder brother took her to romblon. And then there were the processions of other yayas.

I brought mary along for the two-months vacation in manila. She stays with the kids at the condo and so far, she has mastered the use of the elevator. She doesn't go far. She goes to the ground floor to have the water galloons refilled, laundry services and sometimes buy food during lunch when they don't feel like cooking. I also bought her a new samsung cellphone with a camera and radio already as she requested because there's no landline in the condo and she fears not having anything to use just in case. I don't mind at all, I'm good to those who are good to me and to my family. She has been to starbucks, haha although i don't think she knows what starbucks represent. She's with us everywhere we go and so far we have been to montevista resort in laguna for an overnight stay at the hotsprings resort, visited fantasy land in lemery batangas where a membership cost P187,000, had lunch at talisay batangas and sipped coffee at starbucks tagaytay.

After office hours, i normally call on her to wait on the lobby so that we could do groceries at Rustan's Supermarket. The kids love her. I hope she really stays with us for a long time.

Yaya mary as usherette during Uching's church wedding
Yaya mary as usherette during Uching



No comments:

Post a Comment