Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Stuff of Fairytales...

I'm gonna wear my sapphires the remainder of this month in celebration of the engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton. ha ha


Seriously, this is the stuff fairytales are made of. My daughters who are avid fun of the animated happy-ever-afters would love this one, a real prince asking the girl he love to marry him. My daughters love prince and princesses and weddings. To be married to them is to be in gowns, celebrating and couples kissing and loving each other forever and ever.

In my own heart, I wish for each of my daughters to find their own princes. But more than that, i wish for their princes to be kind men. Men who will continue to love and provide for them even when their looks have faded, when wrinkles have replaced suppleness, men who will remain by their sides faithfully even when younger and prettier girls abound. I suppose this sentiment is true for all mothers.


So yeah, i wish all the newly engaged couples all over the world the stuff of dreams..the happy ever after.


*photo courtesy of Paul Hackett/Reuters

No comments:

Post a Comment