It's a new type of the influenza virus. It is contagious and it spreads from human to human but the exact manner of transmission is not really known. The symptoms is similar to the seasonal flu which includes fever, cough,sore throat,runny nose, body aches, headaches, chills and fatigue. Sometimes diarrhea and vomiting also accompanies those symptoms.
It is said that a person can be contagious from day zero up to 7 days when he get sick. That's a long period to quarantined yourself. You will not be infected with swine flu if you eat pork. Since there is no vaccine available at this time, it is better to take certain precautions like:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue properly
- Wash your hand with soap and water after you sneeze, even alcohol based hand cleansers are also effective
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth since germs spread this way
- Stay at home for 7 days or until you are symptom-free for 24 hours which ever is longer to prevent spreading the disease.
- Drink lots of liquid, and rest.
As for AJ, hubby doesn't seem concerned so he probably thinks it's just ordinary fever. Hopefully, in the meantime she seems okay and she eats so i'll just give her plenty of liquids,paracetamol(tempra) to lower temperature and tender loving care that only a mom could give.