Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

My Experience with a Headhunter

These past few days have been very stressful both on the family and workfront. We we're on the process of closing the deal on the house and lot we are buying in makati and the company I am working for is in the red. There have been talks of closing down and so naturally I felt a bit of discomfort considering I have been working since graduating from college. Although the husband is earning well, the amortization on the new house plus all our other existing obligations, we have been stretching our blanket far too much. It would really help if I have a job. But there was really no worry, we were all assured by our management that worst comes to worst, we might be absorbed by all the other companies of our bosses. Thanks Mr. T.

Anyway, there's this headhunter (Prime Manpower) emailed me if I maybe available for an interview for a costing position. This was last year, december. Out of courtesy, I replied that I probably would be available January of 2011 na. January came and again he emailed me and called to ask me for my availability for the interview. I conceded that I will go to their office for an interview just to see how things will go. Anyway, the position is something which seemed to best suit me and best of all the salary was the one I mentioned to be my preferred. The appointment was for 10am but I was called for the actual interview around past 11am. And since I didn't bring my resume, the interviewer(Mr. Ruel Sinalubong) went out to supposedly print my resume. I didn't know I had to bring one. I just thought that they had access to my records in Jobstreet I didn't need to bring one. Anyway, after what seemed like eternity(probably more than 30 minutes) he returned without the printed resume. His excuse was that there was something wrong with their printer and their IT people were not able to fix it. What the heck, I came on time but I was made to wait at the reception and then again during interview. Although he apologized, I didn't think it was sincere. Or I could have been wrong.

Fast forward, he scheduled me again for an exam the ff. friday, this friday infact but last wednesday I received a text from him that his client requested that I come to their business office in Meycauayan, Bulacan for an interview. I chose the 830am appointment, came on time and probably not made a good impression because I said that I was still ambivalent about the work schedule 5-2/6-3 and the location (we will soon be transferring to makati and the work is in meycauayan). If I'm going to work there, the salary really has to be worth the travel and the sked. It's not that I am being cocky. Really, I was only being honest and i do know my ability. The client company said that maybe i still needed to think things over.

Ruel texted me and inquired about the progress of my interview and i told him what had traspired. I also asked him if the scheduled exam today would push through, there was no reply from his end.

You know, I get it if the client is no longer interested in me and tells you. I asked if the appointment is still on, the least that you could have done is to reply to my text and just said "NO". I would understand that, at least i deserve a reply. For courtesy sake but i didn't get any. So I guess, even courtesy is not so basic these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment