Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Morning After...

This morning i had an appointment with Dr. Arcales, resident OB-Gyne at SM Megaclinic. I wanted a prescription for an emergency contraceptive but she said that it is not available here in the Philippines. Sure, I'm toying with the idea of another baby maybe a boy if it could be arranged but not now. My Maggie is still 9 month's old and i really wanted her to be at least 2 years old before we consider having another one. I want to enjoy Maggie and for her to have most of my attention.But well, we sort of threw caution to the wind last night and however much we regret the "recklessness", well the deed is done.


So i was like, what do we do now. The husband suggested maybe i can buy a pill from Mercury to prevent pregnancy. I researched a bit and found out there are several choices out there. It's only when i searched of a particular emergency contraceptive pill in the Philippines that I came to a wall. Well, there was the Trust pill which i found from the forums but no pill stood out in general, which compelled me to seek a consultation with my OB-Gyne. I also discovered a site which is very useful to all women of child-bearing age. You just input the first day of your last menstruation, and then you will be presented with your ovulation calendar. It marks the days where it would be very unsafe to have sex, days which you would like to have sex if you want a boy or a girl, and so forth. And yes, to my mortification still, I am clearly ovulating yesterday and so my chances of getting pregnant is pretty high.

It is said that ECP's have a window of 72 hours, and i'm going to have my scheduled sono and mammogram tomorrow so maybe i'll still ask my OB-Gyne at MMC if there is still something I can do. I don't think it's abortion. Do you? Although , i never did liked the idea. Still...

So, the last resort is to pray to God Almighty, to not make me pregnant just this instance and instead hear the prayer of those who are not yet pregnant. I truly pray this,...

No comments:

Post a Comment