Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

For Me

For awhile now since the iPad was introduce, I have been entertaining the idea of buying one for myself. I never really got to doing it until yesterday. For several days now ever since I was able to meet with the girls' teachers over their report cards, I have been seriously contemplating on getting an iPad. Not that I was dismayed over their grades, but that I thought they could do much better if they study more. They're actually very smart in a non-bookish sort of way but I wanted them to have drive and determination to be on top of their respective classes, actually on everything they do.

How to do it? There are several materials on the web prepared by SuperMoms as study materials. I figured I can use those and prepare some of my own. Only, I don't want to spend preparing the materials on the desktop. So the iPad comes in handy. At the same time, I have been wanting to purchase an e-reader but also haven't got around to actually doing it. Now I'll just have to test the iPad if I can really do create review materials from here.

Back to the iPad, the price for a 16g at the apple store in Greenhills is Php 23,990. Quite steep but they offer a 6-month zero interest promo so it would just amount to 4k a month for 6 months. If I pay it in cash, it only be 22k but I figure I am willing to pay 2k extra for a flexible payment plan. This would mean that I will have to go without forced savings for 6 months because I bought the new iPad.

In addition, I bought a screen guard for 250 and a cover for 650. I think this is a well-timed purchase since I intend to use it a lot not only for me but also for the girls. My iPod will always be my music player.

No comments:

Post a Comment