Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Getting Older..

I think i get it now why I used to hear older people say that the abuse you do to your body will be felt by you in your maturing years especially in your 40s. Or maybe, lack of regular exercise can also be considered as abuse as well as partiality to salty and sweet food.

I can certainly identify several body aches that are constant in me especially at night when i'm about to go to sleep. I don't feel it much in the business of day, but at night suddenly you are overwhelmed with thoughts of dis-ease and resolve to do something about it when the light of day comes.

There's this discomfort in my right just below the ribcage, this forever pain in my right leg, this hyperacidity hounding me, persistent back pain. Sometimes, i can feel my muscle twitches just about anywhere without particular rhyme or reason. That's not even factoring the lab results, high cholesterol and uric acid count.

Oh well, it's just the way it is. Youth is unappreciated by the young. Old, however is being thankful of what has been, a deep appreciation of what is and hopeful of what tomorrow brings. Just this time, a deeper sense of faith in The Almighty reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment